Microsoft is one of the leading technology corporations in the world. It has given global organizations some of the most efficient IT tools that exist today. Skype has reached a new level of popularity ever since the COVID-19 pandemic, while Microsoft Office is one of the most widely adopted suites in use today.
Microsoft has training and certification programs to train professionals and experts in using their applications. These certifications validate the skills of a candidate in different technologies like database administration, cloud computing, Microsoft 365 administration and so on. There are different levels of Microsoft certification offered by Microsoft based on the type of technology and experience level.
Microsoft SQL Certification
Microsoft SQL is one of the most aspirational skills for an employee to have. Business intelligence and Big Data are growing exponentially every day. IT organisations rely heavily on relational databases that have huge amounts of information. The best way to land one of the most coveted jobs today is by getting an SQL certification that matches your resume.
To get a certification, you must undergo training and pass the required exams. The Microsoft SQL certification helps you to take advantage of opportunities in database administration, analysis and development. It gives you hands-on experience and professional credibility to add to your resume.
Choose the Best SQL Certification for You
The Microsoft SQL certification has several levels depending on skill and experience.
1. Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) – Database Fundamentals SQL Certification
This is an entry-level certification. It requires basic IT knowledge and is the perfect beginner SQL server certification.
MTA: Database Fundamentals is the best place for candidates with little to no experience, as this certification does not require prior job experience. It verifies your rudimentary database and SQL server knowledge and skills.
2. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – SQL 2016 Database Development Certification
MCSA-DDC is an associate-level certification. It validates your working skills with cloud-based and on-premise databases. You do not necessarily need an MTA certification before pursuing this course, however, if you do have one it helps. Passing this certification exam qualifies you for a mid-level position in database development.
Basic IT knowledge of Windows and its core functionality is a prerequisite for applying to this certification. You must also have a working knowledge of Transact-SQL and relational databases.
3. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – SQL 2016 Database Administration Certification
This is also an intermediate level certification focused on administering an SQL database infrastructure. Having an MCSA-DAC certification testifies that you have fluency in database configuration, installation, maintenance and provisioning. It is sufficient if you are looking for the role of database architect, development lead or infrastructure specialist.
If you have working experience with databases, this certification is good for you. Without work experience, you should complete the MTA certification first.
4. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – SQL 2016 Business Intelligence Development Certification
This certification validates your skills in implementing an SQL data warehouse, extraction, loading and transformation and developing SQL data models. It also verifies that you have sufficient knowledge to implement BI solutions using OLAP cubes and multidimensional/ tabular models. If you are interested in becoming a Business Intelligence developer, this is the course for you.
5. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – SQL Server 2012/ 2014 Certification
This certification is meant for professionals working with the SQL Server 2012 or 2014. It is a comprehensive certification that verifies that you are ready to take on a crucial management-level role and that you are a top performer when it comes to database technology.
This is an associate-level certification.
How To Prepare For Your SQL Certification Exam
- Create a plan: Any SQL certification you choose is not going to be easy. You will need to make a serious and conscious effort to prepare for the exam. Divide your study material into subtopics to make your goals more achievable.
- Find the right place to study: Your environment plays a key role in how well you learn. Make sure you have a place that is quiet and lets you focus without any distractions.
- Enroll in the right training course: The material you use to study needs to give you the right information. Moreover, you need to have the flexibility to study at your own pace and with personalised one to one sessions. For such an experience, Koenig is the platform for you.
- Practice, practice, practice: Merely training is not enough. You must practice as much as you can using practice tests and exam simulators wherever possible.
- Manage your time: Break down the number of questions and the total time you have to understand how much time you can give each question. Practice writing accordingly and make sure you know which questions deserve more time and which ones can be done sooner.
Start Training Today
An SQL Server certification is the best way to prove you’re ready to take your career to the next level. Start your training today and take the first step towards getting certified.