Interior decoration styles and trends keep changing, but flowers in any forms, shapes, or styles never go out of style. Whether it’s the flower wreath at your door or the floral motif wallpaper in your walls, flowers find a way of integrating themselves in your interior decorations.
And why wouldn’t they? What can be more refreshing, elegant, and aesthetically pleasing than these wonders of Nature! Fresh flowers also give off a positive vibe in the environment that makes you happy and cheerful. This is why decorating your surroundings with flowers, or forms of them have been popular since time eternity.
Here in this article, you’ll find ideas about how to successfully make fresh flowers an integral part of your interior decoration.
Why include flowers in your interior
There are many benefits of including flowers in your home décor. Some of the most important reasons are:
- They are so visually pleasing: Need we say more? Flower decorations are so good to look at. Plus, who can ignore their intoxicating aroma?
- They spread positivity: Plants and flowers are regarded as positive environmental elements that give off positivity. Having them in your home effects your mind and body in a good way, elevates your mood, and makes you happy.
- Seasonal style: Based on seasonal availability, you can easily change the look and feel of your interior with suitable flowers. While in summer your interior will mirror the warmth and sunny weather outside with bright Lilies, Gerberas, and Sunflowers, in the winter season, your drawing room will easily reflect the somber and graceful snowy weather outside with Asters, Winter Jasmines, Snow drops, or Primroses.
Thanks to online flower delivery services, getting charming and seasonal flower delivery at your doorstep has never been easier.
If you’re confused about how to decorate your home with flowers, keep reading!
Ways of including flowers in your interior
You can include flowers into your interior decoration in three primary ways. They are:
- Live flowering plants: Getting small flowering plants that thrive in pots are a great way to incorporate flowers into your home. Hydrangeas, Begonias, Geraniums, Chrysanthemums, and Petunias are just some of the flowering plants that grow very well in a container. You can decorate your balcony or terrace with them, or even place them in a corner of the living room, over the bedside table, or on the kitchen countertops. Online flower delivery services like Snap Blooms also offer decorative plants for you. Just visit our website and order your favorites!
- Vases, standing flower arrangements, or centerpieces: Another way of using flowers for decorating your interior is by placing freshly-cut flowers in vases. Not only the flowers, but the vase itself adds to the beauty of your rooms when used in the right way. When you receive birthday flowers or anniversary flowers as gifts, just trim the stem ends and place them in a vase. You can now enjoy their beauty for days, even weeks.
Similarly, standing flower arrangements that go in the middle or corners of a large room, or tabletop centerpieces made of flowers are also great ways of decorating your interiors.
- Wreaths and other floral decorations: When you’re decorating your floors, tabletops, and corners with flowers, why leave the walls and doors unattended? Floral wreaths on doors will add a festive touch to your décor and are great for occasions like Christmas and Thanksgiving. Other kinds of floral wall decorations, flower decors for the stairwell and pillars also dramatically improve the beauty of your home during festive occasions.
Flowers for your bedroom
The best way to decorate your bedroom with flowers is by using flower vases or potted plants.
Received a lot of birthday flowers as gifts? Get them placed in vases as soon as possible. Trim the ends of the stems and change the water on every alternate day. Flowers like Lilies, Sunflowers, Gladiolus, and Chrysanthemums will stay fresh for up to 2-3 weeks when properly cared for. Snap Blooms has a huge collection of decorative flowers in an affordable price range, and they always deliver the best quality flowers on time, without a fail. If you’re in need of some fresh floral bouquets, do give them a try.
You can also place a single flowering plant on the bedside table or in a corner if the plant is tall. Placing plants in the bedroom also has the added benefit of getting fresh oxygen emitted from them.
Flowers for the other places in your home
Similarly, you can also place flowering plants in the terrace or balcony of your house. Plants that need abundant sunlight will thrive in these open places, while plants that need limited sunlight will do well in the living space, or other rooms in your home. Wall decorations and huge standing flower arrangements will look good in the hallway or the entrance of the house where they are easily visible.
So, these are some of the best ways of decorating your home with flowers. While using fresh flowers for decoration, the primary thing to remember is doing everything possible to take care of them and increasing their longevity. However, whenever you see flowers are starting to wilt, either remove the damaged one, or discard the whole bunch altogether. Nothing kills the beauty of your home than dried up or dead flowers or plants.