Playing games for hours can be hard on your body, and you don’t want to develop back or neck pain. Streamers need a chair that offers good ergonomics, and comfortable, durable padding for their arms. And if you’ve got kids at home who are playing video games all day long, it’s important for them to stay healthy too.
What Makes a Cheap Gaming Chair An Affordable Option?
When you shop for computer chairs, you’ll notice that the prices range from $100 to well over $500. While there are some excellent options in the mid-range, our favorite affordable gaming chair is one that offers comfortable padding and strong support without breaking the bank. The X-Rocker Pro H4 is an affordable option that looks great with many different types of home decor. We like this model because it offers a leather design that doesn’t show wear and tear very quickly. Plus, it’s very comfortable and doesn’t feel like a cheap knock-off you get at the Dollar Store. The X-Rocker Pro H4 is likely one of the best gaming chairs you can buy on a tight budget. The How to Choose a Gaming Chair post we published earlier this year has great tips on how to find the right chair for your needs. While the X-Rocker Pro H4 is a great value, there are other good options available in this price range. If you’re looking for a stylish chair with sharp colors and modern design, you should check out the Flash Furniture Mid-Back Racing Style Chair with Joystick Control. This chair offers high back support and comes in your choice of several different colors including black, white, red, blue and green. The seat also comes with double stitching for extra durability.
You can check out this chair in person and in our online store Chair Adviser. If you’re looking for a chair with a leather design, the Flash Furniture Leather Chair offers a chic look that can fit into any room. The leather is also top-quality, so you can be sure to enjoy this chair for years to come. The seat is adjustable and comes with memory foam padding that makes this chair comfortable enough to sit in for hours on end. There’s also an additional pillow included with this gaming chair for extra comfort and support. The seat and back support can be removed and switched out with other adjustments for different styles of play. The Flash Furniture Leather Chair is available in black and brown leather colors, so you can choose the perfect color for your personal decor or style preferences.
12 Tips for Gaming Comfort
No matter what kind of gamer you are (casual, mobile, FPS), there are certain things that every player should do for their own comfort. We’ve compiled a list of 12 practical pointers for playing games to get you on your way to maximum enjoyment!
1. Make sure your computer can play the game with no glitches or crashes
2. Consider accessories like keyboards and controllers to make things more comfortable
3. Adjust monitor settings so that it matches your desired playing distance
4. Make sure to take regular breaks (even if you’re a hardcore gamer like me)
5. Keep your hands and wrists relaxed
6. Use a chair with support for your lower back and upper body
7. Take a good look at the chair you’re about to sit on. Choose one that’s firm yet comfortable, ergonomic but not too fancy, and will let you sit comfortably for hours without getting tired
8. Keep your monitor close to you so that what’s being presented is in the game image size you can clearly see. The optimal viewing distance is 3 to 4 times the height of the actual monitor
9. Choose a room temperature that’s neither too hot nor cold. Also, make sure there are no noisy fans or passing cars/trains.
10. Use a headset or earphones so you don’t disturb anyone around you while you play
11. Make sure your system is free from malware and viruses
12. Don’t overwork your eyes by watching straight lines (closely, or having them be an important part of the scenery)
These steps may seem trivial at first glance, but they’re actually quite important! Indeed, it’s perfectly understandable that a gamer would mindlessly sit in front of his computer and play games for a few hours every day, since this is his passion. However, if there are side effects as the above-mentioned tips recommend, there’s no reason to continue playing this game. The most important thing is to ensure long-term game fun!