Wall decors have become so popular these days because they can easily express one’s personality and style to other people through the paint of the walls and different kinds of wall art made explicitly for this purpose.
Unlike paintings which are only hung up on walls, decors are more secure as they can stand by themselves without any support from anything else. Also, plant wall decor combines indoor plants with different decors, making this kind of decoration unique.
What is a Plant Wall Decor?
Plant wall decor comes in different colors, sizes, and designs which make them very versatile. Some people want to bring life to their gardens or patios but don’t know how to because they do not have actual plants there.
Plant decors can have the same effect as real plants without having too much maintenance. These are made of very durable materials so that they will stay in place for a long time.
What are the Materials Used for Plant Wall Decors?
Different kinds of material used for plant wall decors include wood, seashells, marble, stones, and glass. There are also those which do not have anything on them except the vines or branches of the actual plant.
It all depends on what one wants to achieve with this kind of decoration. Plant decors come in various designs, whether natural or realistic, which look like real plants growing from their pots.
Tips on Buying the Best Plant Wall Decors
It is ideal to buy decorations that suit the color scheme of your home decor instead of bringing home any kind you find. The decors should blend with the rest of your home to give it a friendly and even more inviting look.
You can also go for those that come in sets, such as different kinds of decors on one pot, so you do not need to buy them separately. This will save you both time and money because you can finish decorating your entire garden or patio in just one trip to the store.
The Fun with Plant Wall Decors
There are no limits to creativity with plant wall decors, so feel free to be unique in expressing yourself through this kind of decoration. There are also no rules when it comes to having this kind of decoration, so everything goes!
Depending on which ones have been used, it’s all up to what appeals most to the eye. Nowadays, people also use decors in different kinds of wall art instead of only having the usual paintings. This is another way to make any room in your home more interesting and inviting for guests.
DIY Plant Wall Decor
Plant wall decors are not just for plants. They can be used as decoration and can also improve the ambiance of a room. If you want to buy some, there are many options available in the market.
However, if you cannot find any or do not know where to buy them from, you can always make your own plant wall decors! Here is how:
- Some dry branches (you may also use bamboo sticks)
- A piece of bark of a tree
- Cement adhesive
- Acrylic paints in different colors
- Clear spray coat paint
- Picture frame with a glass panel at the back
- Clean the branches properly so that they will have no dirt or mud. Remove any parts that are broken or damaged. Make sure that the branches are completely dry before doing anything else.
- Coat the surface of each stick with cement adhesive, ensuring full coverage on all sides of the stick, including the tips.
- Paint all surfaces of the sticks using acrylic paints in different colors. You may also use a more realistic painting technique if you know how to make these plant wall decors look more natural.
- Allow at least one day for your plant wall decors to fully dry and become hard again after coating them with paint and applying cement glue.
- Frame it! Use picture frames (it can be bought anywhere and is relatively inexpensive), remove the glass panel and replace it with the dried plant wall decors. Ensure that at least two or more sticks are connected so that the frame will not fall apart easily.
- Place it on your wall, preferably near a window, so that natural light will be able to come in.
You have now finished making your own plant wall decors! If you plan to give this as a gift, you may want to attach a nicely written note above each picture frame describing what these are. This way, the person whose house you’ve entered with these plant wall decors will appreciate it even more!
Now it’s not difficult anymore to beautify one’s garden or patio because anything is possible with plant wall decor! You can be free when choosing what are you are going to place on your walls when decorating them because these kinds of decorations are very forgiving when it comes to mistakes.
With decors, what matters most is how creative you can get, which allows you to express yourself through different pictures, materials, and even designs, so enjoy making use of this kind of decoration!