Are you tired of your outdated bathroom? Maybe it’s time for a change! A custom bathroom renovation can completely transform the space, making it unique and tailored to your needs.
Whether you want to make a few small changes or gut the entire room and start from scratch, there are plenty of options. In this blog post, the experts from Bloq Bathroom Renovations discuss some tips on how to make your bathroom renovation stand out from the rest.
Let’s get started!
Start by assessing your needs and what you want to change
This will help you determine the project scope and set a budget.
- Take into account the size of your bathroom and how much space you have to work with.
- Decide if you want to make cosmetic changes, structural changes, or both!
- Think about your storage needs and whether you need more space for towels, toiletries, etc.
- Consider your lighting needs – do you want more natural light, brighter bulbs, mood lighting?
- Think about the bathroom layout and whether you want to keep it the same or switch things up.
- Pick out new fixtures, finishes, and details that will help make your space unique.
Which features add the most value in a high-end custom bathroom renovation?
One of the main features that add value to a custom bathroom renovation is a well-thought-out and expertly designed layout. A good design will create a space that is beautiful and functional, with each element in its place.
Another key factor is selecting high-quality materials and fixtures. This includes selecting luxurious finishes like marble or granite countertops, top-of-the-line plumbing fixtures, and stylish lighting.
Attention to detail is also vital, so make sure to choose tilework and carpentry that are elegant and timeless.
What are the top-rated features in custom bathroom renovations?
There are a few features that tend to be popular in custom bathroom renovations:
- Heated floors – A luxurious touch, and they can really make a bathroom feel warm and inviting. They’re especially welcome in the winter months.
- Spa-like showers – A spa-like shower with multiple heads and a rainfall effect can be incredibly relaxing. It’s the perfect way to start or end the day.
- Custom cabinetry – Having custom cabinets made for your bathroom can add to the overall look and feel of the space. You can choose from various materials and finishes to create the perfect look for your home.
- Double sink – A double sink is essential for busy families who need to get ready in the morning or for couples who like to have their own space when getting ready at night.
By following these tips, you can create a luxurious and functional bathroom that will add value to your home.
Avoid these common problems
Here are the most common problems people encounter on custom bathroom renovations, along with some expert tips on how to avoid them:
- Poor communication between contractor and client. Make sure everyone has a clear understanding of the project requirements and expectations before work begins.
- Inaccurate measurements or design plans. Have the contractor double-check your measurements and make sure the design plans are as accurate as possible.
- Changed deadlines or budget constraints partway through the project. This can often lead to rushed work and sloppy finishes. Try to plan ahead as much as possible and keep track of costs so that there are no surprises down the road.
- The contractor doesn’t understand your vision or makes assumptions about what you want that turn out to be wrong.
- The contractor starts the renovation but then disappears for a week or two without explanation, leaving a mess in your bathroom.
- The contractor cuts corners and uses low-quality materials, resulting in a bathroom that looks terrible and doesn’t last long.
- The contractor charges more than originally agreed or demands extra payments during the renovation process.
- The contractor leaves the job unfinished, and you have to hire another contractor to complete the work (or do it yourself).
Choose a contractor who can help you bring your vision to life
How do you find the best contractor for a custom bathroom renovation project? Pay attention to the following:
- Online reviews and testimonials
- Years of experience
- Positive customer reviews
- A team of experts
- The ability to handle all aspects of the project
- A focus on customer service
- Attention to detail
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pricing
Look for a full-service home remodeling company specializing in custom bathroom renovations. They should have years of experience helping homeowners transform their bathrooms into beautiful, functional spaces that they love. Expect a team of experts to handle everything from design to demolition to construction to finishing work.
Work with the contractor to choose materials that fit your budget
Have fun with your custom bathroom renovation! Remember that this is YOUR space, so make it reflect YOUR style!
Tips for choosing materials for a custom bathroom renovation project:
- Use various sources to find inspiration for your project, including magazines, websites, and TV shows.
- Work with a professional contractor who can help you find the best materials for your budget.
- Choose materials that are durable and easy to clean.
- Consider using environmentally friendly materials.
- Be sure to get samples of the materials you’re considering before making any final decisions.
- Think about how the finishes will work together in your space.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match different materials to create a unique look.
Make sure you are happy with the end result!
How do you ensure the end result is free from problems or issues? You need to inspect/test everything at the end of a custom bathroom renovation to see if it is up to your standards.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- First and foremost, take your time. Don’t rush through the inspection process just to get it over with.
- Start by taking a look at the big picture. Scan the entire room and note anything that looks out of place or unfinished.
- Then, take a closer look at each element in the room, from the flooring to the fixtures and tile work.
- Pay attention to details like grout joints and caulking lines. These are often areas where problems can crop up if not done correctly.
- Inspect the walls for any cracks or imperfections.
- Test the plumbing by running all the faucets and flushing all the toilets.
- Make sure all the lights are working correctly.
- Check for any leaks around the tub, shower, and sink.
- Check that the exhaust fan is working as it should.
- If there is tile work, make sure there are no loose tiles and that the grout is clean and in good condition.
Enjoy your new bathroom space!
Custom bathroom renovations can be a great way to add value to your home and make it more functional and stylish. Follow these tips to make sure your renovation goes smoothly, and you’ll end up with a space you love.