While it’s hard to say exactly how well a home will do on the market, there are many aspects of a home that can help increase its value and selling potential. One room that many people spend the most time on in home interior design, to help increase the value of their home, is the kitchen. A popular feature that has been trendy to use in kitchens are open plan kitchen diner designs. If your home doesn’t already have this layout, it may be time to consider renovating your kitchen to create an open plan kitchen area. Doing so can perhaps significantly increase the value and appeal of your home.
Why Do People Redecorate Their Homes?
Sometimes the choice to redecorate comes down to something as simple as wanting to freshen up your surroundings. However, personal taste is not always the only factor at play in these decisions. For many people their home is not just the place where they live, it is a major asset in their financial portfolio. These people choose their renovations strategically in order to make their home look good to prospective buyers. The more people you can interest in your home, the more bids you are likely to get and the higher the final selling price will be.
Even if you don’t plan on selling your home anytime soon, it is never a bad idea to do what you can to maximize your home’s value. You never know when your plans might change, so it makes sense to keep the property in peak condition just in case.
How Does An Open Plan Kitchen Add Value?
Open plan kitchen diner areas are extremely popular with home buyers right now. Decorating an open plan kitchen diner with neutral colour schemes and stylish kitchen tiles can help add a sophisticated, modern look to your home that buyers will value. These large, unconstrained spaces give occupants plenty of room to cook, eat, chat, watch television, or do anything else they desire. The setup encourages socialisation and family bonding, which is one of the main things that many people are looking for when they purchase a new home. Open plan kitchens usually provide plenty of storage space as well, adding extra practical appeal.
Because open plan kitchens make the space look inviting on top of their utility, they make excellent selling points even in houses with little else to recommend them. If you integrate an open plan kitchen into your already beautiful home, you could significantly boost the potential selling price of your property.
What Other Open Plan Kitchen Features Add Value?
If you want to maximise the market appeal of your new open plan kitchen diner, there are a few additional modifications you can make to it. Try including:
- Hardwood floors: The floors of a kitchen and dining area must be attractive, durable, and above all, easy to clean. Hardwood floors satisfy all three of these criteria, and prospective buyers know that they will last for years to come.
- Skylights: The kitchen is usually one of the brightest rooms in a house, especially when it is combined with the living room as part of an open plan floor design. Having a skylight or two to let in natural light from above makes this space feel attractively airy and free.
- Double islands: The single island has become a mainstay of kitchens everywhere, but having two offers extra storage space and utility while also drawing attention to just how large the room is.
- Quartz countertops: With all the beauty of granite but none of the troublesome porousness, quartz has become an extremely popular countertop material that will certainly add to your kitchen’s appeal.
- Smart appliances: Now that smart appliances have been on the market for a while, many home buyers won’t settle for less. Installing a smart fridge, dishwasher, oven, or any other kitchen appliances modernizes your home and shows potential buyers that they will probably not have to replace those items when they move in, justifying a higher asking price.
Whether you’ve lived in it for six months or sixty years, your home is special to you, and you deserve to get as much money as you can for it when you decide to sell it. If you’re thinking about selling in the future, or you just want to update your home, there are many ways to boost your home’s curb appeal on the outside too, from adding new outdoors lights to updating your fencing. But inside, taking advantage of your kitchen remodelling project can help boost your interiors and living space. Converting the room into an open plan design and maybe adding a few other high-value features while you’re at it is a relatively simple change that could make all the difference during the selling process.