In the world today we all need to decrease our footprints that we leave upon the environment, which directly affects the Earth as a whole. Recycling and repurposing your mattress topper, instead of tossing it into the garbage, can reduce the amount of debris in the landfills and can solve a need for you, or one of your friends. Let us take a look at 10 green ways in which you can reuse your mattress topper without having to send it to the dump.
- Donate: There are many places in your local area that could use a mattress topper of any kind. There are companies that take all donations and resell them to families in need at a price that they can afford, so load the mattress topper into your car and donate it to the non-profit of your choice.
- Homeless Shelter: It is sad to think that there are so many homeless people in the nation. Ones that are having some tough times that would appreciate a soft cushion to sleep on. Give your old topper to your local homeless shelter or offer it to a homeless person on the street.
- Animal Shelter: Animal shelters and rescues are always in need of some donations. Call around and see if any of them would be interested in the foam that can be found inside the bed topper.
- Dog Bed: The foam can make a great dog bed, or even a couple if it is a big topper. Your dog will love you for it, and if you do not have a dog your cat may also enjoy a warm cozy bed.
- Recycling: Recycle your mattress topper through a mattress warehouse that would be willing to take it. Usually, you will have to of bought your new mattress through them, but it never hurts to ask.
- Free Ads: Every area within the nation will have social media areas or local buy and sell groups where you could post the mattress topper for sale, or to give away.
- Furniture: Restuffing your furniture with the foam inside of the topper will not only decrease the garbage that you sent to the landfills, but it will decrease the costs of restuffing your furniture. You already have foam so you will not need to spend money to buy some.
- Gym Padding: If you or your family is into wrestling or martial arts you can use your old mattress toppers to line the walls and floor of the gym. This can prevent serious injuries by reducing the contacts to the hard floors and walls.
- Yoga Mat: Doing Yoga on the hard floor can decrease the amount of pleasure and movement offered through the process. A little cushion on the floor will go a long way towards maximizing your Yoga efforts.
- Reuse: Probably one of the easiest ways to recycle your topper is to reuse it. If you do not need it on your bed, maybe one of your other family members do. Whether they live with you, or not, they may appreciate the fact that they will not have to shell out money to buy one, when you are offering them one free for the taking.
There are so many ways that you can recycle or reuse your old mattress topper that there is no reason that you cannot find a green solution to your problem. There is no excuse that you can offer that will justify filling the landfills with items that do not need to be tossed out. Leaving the smallest footprint on the Earth that we can needs to be top priority for all of us. That is the best the best thing that we can do to makes sure that our kids have a world that they can enjoy.