Bathrooms form a vital part of every household. Irrespective of its size, it is the perfect place for anyone to stay relaxed and get ready to take on the day. However, the importance of a laundry room cannot be neglected.
As every human being takes a bath to clean their body and stay fresh to start a new day, clothes are also washed after being used to prevent a build up of dirt and bacteria that can potentially cause severe health problems and body odour.
Thus, a dedicated place is there in every household for washing clothes, which we call a laundry room.
Therefore, combining both in the same room can be a handy option. To learn about interesting bathroom designs that utilize high-quality quartz countertops, visit this link: https://www.caesarstone.ca/blog/bathroom-countertops-for-the-modern-bathroom/
Also, in modern times, when the majority of homes are getting smaller, small bathroom and laundry room combo designs have become prevalent and practical additions to a living space. You can adopt several such combos to save a significant amount of space.
Can a small space be utilized as both a bathroom and laundry room?
The first question that clicks every person’s mind when we think about this is whether a small room can become both a laundry room and bathroom. The answer to this question is YES. You can use a small room as both bathroom and laundry, provided it has proper sewerage connections and at least two to three faucets.
One faucet can be used for laundry, and another two can be used for bathing. The right bathroom laundry room design can make an enormous difference in a person’s daily lifestyle. It can make them more organized.
Ways to create space in a small room
You can put the front-loading washing machine under the countersunk wash basin, saving a lot of space. Another space-saving option can be the fully automatic washing machine, which can serve the purpose of both washing and drying clothes. It means you only have to find the space for only one appliance.
In small bathroom and laundry room combo designs, you need to store toiletries and cloth-care items such as washing detergents and stain removal products. You can use space at the back of the door and inside cupboard doors.
Sleek and modern small bathroom and laundry room combo designs for residential spaces
You have a basic idea about using dead spaces and the room. Now, we shall go over some modern and stylish small bathroom and laundry room designs.
Let’s take a look:
1. If your room is rectangular, use one side of its length as a countersunk wash basin where you can also keep essential daily-use items. While the opposite end can be used as a desk, under which you can place the washing machine. The faucets for taking a bath can be placed exactly right-angled to where the washing machine is placed.
2. You can try the other design to keep drawers and a fully automatic washing machine under the countersunk wash basin. On its opposite end, you can keep the faucets and showers for bathing.
3. If your room is a little more spacious, install a bathtub near the window on the left side of the door and a washing machine plus a storage area on the right side of the door.
4. You can even go for a rectangular bathing tub on the left side of the room and a wash basin with cabinets on its right side. The washing machine can be placed exactly at the 90-degrees to the bathing tub. The opposite end where the washing machine is placed can be used for the entry door.
5. The quartz countertop with wash basin and washing machine can be placed on the opposite ends for smaller rooms. A particular place can be dedicated to the faucets and shower to take a bath parallel to where the washing machine is placed.
6. In small rectangular rooms, some portion of its length can be used for the entry door, while you can take a bath at its parallel. You can install a washing machine and a quartz counter-top wash basin on the opposite end.
7. In another case, you can install a bathing tub right in the front of the entry door. Finally, you can install two circular wash basins with cabinets for storage under its left side. The washing machine can be placed just parallel to the washbasin.
8. A sleek bathing tub and wash basin can be installed parallel for larger rectangular rooms. Near the bathing tub, you can install a window. A washing machine can be placed at the right angle from the bathing tub.
9. You can also use the corner of the room by installing a bathing tub there. You can place a washing machine and make a storage space above it on its side. You can install a countertop wash basin at a 90-degree angle to the washing machine. This design can be handy if you have got a modestly sized room.
10. For extremely spacious rooms, you can place two wash basins at a small distance from each other. While in the middle, you can place a stylish stool to keep all the daily bathroom essentials. On its opposite end, you can install an oval-shaped bathing tub. The washing machine can be placed just on the right side of the bathing tub. At the corner, a dustbin can be placed.
11. If you want to add a contemporary touch to your small bathroom and laundry room combo designs, you can install two counter-top wash basins with two stylish LED lights at the top of its mirror.
A washing machine can be placed at the 90-degree to the washbasins. A faucet can be installed to take a bath on its opposite end. This design can be handy if, in case you don’t want a bathing tub yet want to make your laundry and bathroom combo look elegant and modern.
12. Other beautiful small bathroom and laundry room combo designs can be made using a rectangle room, where at the width, you can install both a bathing tub and washing machine. Above the washing machine area, you can use it as a storage space by providing a cabin. In addition, a counter-top wash basin can be installed at the right angle of the bathtub.
So, these are some interesting combination small bathroom and laundry room combo designs from which you can take inspiration to design your dream bathroom!
Which ideas did you like the most?