Going on road trips is an amazing activity where you can meet new cultures and visit different countries. Things have drastically changed during Covid. At the moment, everyone is wondering how to go back to their usual lives.
We now live in the post-pandemic world, but there are still great opportunities to be explored. Check out this article if you are missing traveling and thinking about finally stepping out of your comfort zone and going on a road trip.
How to decide where to go in the post-pandemic world?
Because of everything that happened, people are indecisive and not sure where to have their road trips. The reason for that is that the virus is still around us. Here is a list of things you need to take into consideration:
- Date range- don’t visit any places in peak season to avoid crowds
- Covid measurements- every country has certain regulations, so investigate and have all the paperwork you need
Tourism has suffered for the last couple of years, so the prices are lower than usual. You can even book a high-end destination for way less money
Which places to visit?
Imagine yourself going on a road trip to Southern France or visiting the Eiffel Tower. Some European countries have the least requirements and regulations, so it’s easier to access them for your vacation, but there are other great places as well. These are the best locations for s post-pandemic road trips:
1. The Maldives
The Maldives is a perfect road trip location. Also, their Covid requirements are not too needy so you can visit the country with little planning. Here is what they require for entrance into the country:
- You need to have a confirmed booking in a tourist facility
- You must have a negative PCR test when entering The Maldives. It has to be issued no more than 96h prior to your arrival
- You have to fill out a Traveller Health Declaration form 24 hours before departure to and return from the Maldives.
Portugal is an amazing European country you can visit. It’s a great place for your next road trip. A great way to see more of Portugal and make your journey extra romantic would be to rent a campervan and road trip to the most romantic spots.
When it comes to Portugal entrance due to Covid requirements, here is what you need to know:
- You need a PCR test not older than 72h prior to your departure or an antigen test done 48h prior to your departure
- If you are fully vaccinated you do not need the tests
- If you are bringing children under 12 years, they do not need any tests as well
- You need to fill out a Passenger Location Card before your departure
You will easily be able to explore all the beauties that Portugal offers.
Greece is another great country to visit and explore by having a road trip. It’s a great combination of rural villages and blue water. Their requirements are also quite low so you will be able to access the country without any major issues. Here is what you need to know:
- You need to fill out a Passenger Location form for entering Greece
- If you are fully vaccinated, you need to bring your vaccine form that is approved by EU/WHO/EMA
- Your vaccination has to be completed 14 days prior to your arrival
- For non-vaccinated passengers, a PCR test is required and it can be one 72h prior to your travel or you can have the antigen test done 48h prior to your arrival
- If you had covid in the past 6 months, you can bring a form stating you have antibodies
Greece is also really easy to visit, so you can put on your well fitting dress shirt or your best dress and begin the vacation.
Bali is a paradise within Indonesia, a country of many islands. Once you land, rent a Jeep to explore its many different areas, from tourist spots to beautiful isolated rice terraces to amazing beaches. You can even learn to become a yoga teacher — it’s the perfect setting! To enter Bali, you need to observe these Covid requirements:
- All visitors to Bali must be fully vaccinated and present a vaccination card on landing.
- You need a PCR test not older than 48 h prior to your departure.
- You must take a PCR test on arrival, go into quarantine for 5-7 days, and take another PCR test the day before quarantine ends.
- You need proof of international health insurance coverage.
By checking and observing all the current regulations and precautions, you will be ready to enjoy all the beauty and relaxation that Bali has to offer.
Traveling has changed a lot in the past year but still, with some easy things done you can still have unforgettable road trips. Regardless of whether you are vaccinated or not, there are great places you can visit.
Pack your bags, find accommodation in the chosen country and enjoy all the opportunities down the road.