Magento 1 is slowly disappearing and Magento 2 is taking its place, so it’s time for Magento 1 owners to migrate to a more modern platform. However, to many in the retail industry, such a migration can seem like a nightmare. Magento programmers created a newly developed interface and more improved features, developer tools.
Despite its popularity and flexibility, Magento version 1 has been constantly criticized by website development experts. This is due to performance issues, low page load speeds, and difficulty for administrators. Although Magento will assist Magento 1 until 2020, Magento 2 has already become a leader in this area, has an enormous amount of updates compared to versions Magento 1. The new site’s particular benefit has to do with performance and usability. Because soon Magento will cease to promote Magento 1, modules and extensions will cease to be refreshed, so now is the moment to migrate to Magento 2. However, you don’t have to worry, Magento development company can help you to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
The advantages and features of Magento 2
Since the announcement of Magento 2 in 2015, 1000s of online store owners have migrated to the Magento 2 platform. Some of the advantages of Magento 2 include:
- Overall site activity, which boosts trades and raises site SEO.
- Increased security. The new system pays more attention to security, information and data handling during the checkout process.
- Reporting system to see business strengths and errors. Reporting capabilities allow you to create more than 20 different types of reports in real-time.
- Updated PHP, MYSQL technologies.
- Magento Commerce, once Enterprise Cloud Edition, joins Magento Commerce and cloud hosting with extra features.
- Mobile-oriented plans are a large plus as the amount of mobile users has continued to grow over the prior two years.
- Integration of PayPal and Braintree pay systems, which makes it much easier and faster to set up payments. The system has become more secure, but it is too much more convenient for the administrator.
- Improved shopping system and user-friendliness thanks to new features for product description, adding videos. This will increase sales.
- Improved built-in hunt.
- Multi-channel-oriented points and different increases, containing MSI. This makes the online store more elastic and scalable.
- The capacity to customize the admin to quickly access important info. This boosts richness gives more options in the management of goods, orders, and consumer data.
- Magento 2 suggests database partitioning, which supports projects with high workloads to increase productivity.
Migrate or not to migrate is the topic
Fans of Magento 1 would tell that they are completely satisfied with the firm platform, plus, they are so habitual to it. At the same time, many developers believe that Magento 2 is much more profitable and convenient for users and site administrators.
- Is it deserving it to switch from one platform to another? Let’s look at the main reasons:
- The best decision to migrate is when you are simply unhappy with the performance of your Magento 1 online store.
- The new version has more features and perks that will make your shop more convenient.
- It’s time to make significant modifications to your online shop.
- You are viewing problems in inventory administration.
- Magento 1 maintenance is about to expire, so to keep your site running, you lack to migrate to Magento 2.
Now is the perfect time to migrate, since most of the custom increases have already been restored, Magento 2 has enhanced stability and answered almost all of the puzzles that were there at first.
But there are steadily downsides and issues to be aware of before you migrate. For example, if you have a lot of sizes built into your M1 market, the migration will catch two-three months. During this period, the experts will not only migrate the data but also replace and configure all the increases.
If you intend to do everything yourself, using the migration agent, you should remember: it is impossible to automatically migrate the theme and code settings (including third-party extensions). So you should be prepared that it’s nearly like building a whole fresh site.
Like every improvement in business, migration has its pluses and minuses. And as a conclusion, it’s deserving it!
Your market will just improve if you continue to invest effort and time in it and are open to modifying it. You can:
- add new products, innovative points,
- enhance the consumer activity,
- optimize your marketing, sales, and consumer care functions by providing them a newly updated and advanced mechanism.