If you have in mind to remodel your house, and renew certain details such as the facade or the roof, in today’s post we will give you some tips to choose the best type of roof that fits your home, as well as the type of materials and tiles most suitable. It is not just any decision, says Stringer, a property management company in Bradenton. You have to be careful and know what type of material can go best with the style of your home, and the conditions of moisture or warmth of the environment.
The roof is one of the essential parts to take into account when you build or renovate your house, since it will protect the interior of the house, as well as its walls from rain, sun and wind. Therefore, take your time to plan what type of roof can be the best option for your house and also make sure to consult with good roof repair services who can bring great ideas as they specialize in that field.
1. What types of roofs are there?
First of all, the first thing to consider when choosing the type of roof for your house is to decide on the type of roof you want, so that you can then choose the material.
- FLAT ROOFS
Flat roofs are one of the most common types. It brings a minimalist touch to the architecture and design of your home. Many people opt for the type of roof to match and adapt to the rest of the house as a whole. Straight lines and neutral colors are a perfect choice for flat roofs. Flat roofs are ideas to combine with wooden beams or glass for a visual effect of the sky as they provide infinite luminosity, although in summer it is advisable to put covered awnings to protect from high temperatures.
This type of roof has some advantages and is that they are easier to clean as they are not inclined, and out of risk. It also helps in saving energy, since this type of roof keeps the house cool, depending on the material you choose and if it is not a translucent roof.
- GABLE ROOFS
Another type of roof we can find is the gable roof.
This type of roof is perfect for wet or mountainous areas where it rains or snows a lot because its slope is divided into two parts and prevents moisture from being retained in the upper area of the roof, avoiding leaks or greater problems.
This type of roof, is composed of two skirts or waters that go united in the means, the slope of the same one will depend on how often it snows or it rains in the zone in which you live, since the worse the precipitations, more inclined we must put this roof. Some of its advantages are that it is easy and cheap to build and finally, it is a rather rustic model but it also has a modern touch.
2. What types of roofs are there?
When it comes to building everything depends on a good foundation. Choose the appropriate material and materials as well as variants. We could say that the roof is the cherry on top of the house and the element that determines the construction and architecture of a house as well as its style.
Next we will review the most commonly known types of roofs:
- One slope: This type of roof is characterized by having only one side, so that on the roof there is always a side much higher than the rest. Thus, this roof shows a constant unevenness from the highest point to its lowest part so that there is no accumulation of water
- Gable roof: This type of roof is characterized by two types of liquid slopes, normally the highest point is located in the middle of the roof but it can vary. From that high point the liquids go down on one or the other side of the roof, in this way the weight is better distributed.
- Hipped: This type of roof is a modification of the previous one, now instead of 2 higher sides, we have four from which the water can go down.
3. What types of tiles are there?
For a complete renovation of your roof, we must be fully aware of the type of material to be chosen. There are many variations on the types of tiles, and the main objective is to ensure that your house is totally protected and insulated. There are several types of roof tiles:
- Asphalt tiles. This type of tile contains three components: reinforcement materials, asphalt laminate and granules. Asphalt shingles are an easy to install material and are also inexpensive. Within it we can find two types: organic and fiberglass. If you are a handyman and want to make the roof of your house yourself, you can take advantage of this type of element. If not, you can always turn to a professional to help you install them and make everything perfect.
- Metal roofing tiles. This is a more expensive type of material, although very resistant and easy to install. P This tile is lightweight, much more durable than others, since its pieces have a long life. The maintenance of them is quite low and the appearance that it will give to your house will be quite modern and pleasant. It can take two to three days depending on the size of the house. As a disadvantage, it should be noted that the metal tiles weigh between twenty-five and seventy-five kilos per square metre.
- Wooden tiles: If you are looking to give your house a more rustic and rural style, then wood will be the ideal choice. However, we know that it is not very common to see this type of tiles in our country, but in others like France, Germany or Russia they have thousands of years of tradition, even in recent times is integrating in Canada and the U.S., where increasingly you can find wooden roofs. Wooden roofs are highly ecological, as they are not subjected to industrial processes. They are also very resistant and aesthetically they look very beautiful and natural – the perfect choice for your country house!
- Slate roofs: Slate is a perfect material for hot and dry climates as well as cold snow and mountain climates, and they are very easy to install. Slate is a flexible material and adapts to all types of homes and surfaces, it is a very good option for your roof. Some of the advantages are that no long-term maintenance is required, they are resistant and have a long life.