If you have been living in your house for years now, it’s obvious that you’ll be worried about the finishing of your floor and your furniture etc. It makes sense because at the end of the day, who doesn’t want a neat and clean finished house that looks new all the time? However, if you overlook certain factors and become careless with handling your house, the finishing will be affected and it will make the interior of your house look a little dull and old.
If you are here today, it seems like you’re not the kind of person who would want to have a house with a dull and poor finish. If that’s the case then you definitely are at the right place today. We’ll be jotting down some of the best tips that can help you keep the finishing of your home neat.
1. Removing the silicone seal
The silicone seal in your bathroom and kitchen tiles or over your sink doesn’t look good and you should get it treated as soon as possible. For this, you can opt for a silicone remover which is readily available both online and in stores. This seal can make your tiles look dull and they don’t give away a good impression either. So if you want the tiles to look all fresh and the finish of your bathroom up to the mark then you should get a remover right away.
2. Cleaning your floor with the right cleaning agent
Your floor is one of the most essential parts of your house. No matter how well-decorated and well-maintained your interior is, if the floor is dirty or stained, it will be a turn-off. Here, it’s not just important that you clean your floor everyday but it’s also important that you use the right cleaning agent. For example, if you are getting a laminate floor cleaner, make sure that it’s from a reputable brand that sells quality products.
3. Work on your wooden furniture
Every house has wooden furniture in it. Whether it’s a coffee table, wooden chairs or a wooden computer table, you need to keep it clean and make sure that there are no stains of marks on the finish as it will then be hard for you to clean them. For this, you have to pay attention to the minor details like if you are having a cup of coffee on your computer table, make sure to use a coaster so that the cup doesn’t leave any marks.
Dirst, dust and debris when left untreated can destroy the finish of your house at a whole other level. You shouldn’t wait for a week to clean your house or vacuum the floor, in fact, you are supposed to just clean it all up right away when you feel like the dust has started settling on the floor.
5. Treat stains right away
Spills and stains are inevitable and accidental. However, the time when you treat them is all in your hands. If you mistakenly spill some wine on the floor or if you see that your bathroom tiles are becoming stained, you should use a quality cleaning agent and treat it all right away.
6. Start with a clean slate
A fresh clean start is key to make it easier to keep your home squeaky clean from the second you move into a home. When renting a new place, most landlords will at minimum, conduct a professional house cleaning between residents moving in, regardless of the unit’s condition. Hence your new apartment/house may just require a quick spruce up cleaning, and dusting.
Good management companies or agencies will even require a white glove inspection before the previous tenants have moved out. The tenants are expected to hire a professional cleaning company to perform a thorough whole home cleaning service. In this case, you are getting a home that is “move-in” ready. Just unpack and you’re all set!
Unfortunately, sometimes you are placed in the worst situation to be in – moving into a home left in disarray. The trash hasn’t been cleared up and it looked like years of accumulated dirt was left behind. Moving is already stressful enough without these cleaning related complications. It would be a nightmare to scrub toilets and floors after hauling your belongings across the country. CleanMyTribe Indianapolis, an Indianapolis house cleaning service recommends the following steps if you are in this situation:
1. Stay calm, and take a deep breath. There are many cleaning companies out there who can show up on short notice to help you.
2. Give the property manager a call. Your lease probably has terms requiring the home to be of a clean condition on move in. This means the entire house cleaning service will likely be reimbursed fully by the property management.
3. Take photos of the dirty areas before your house cleaners arrive to clean the house or apartment. Remember to snap photos of the insides of the fridge, oven, cabinets, bathtubs and of any trash left behind. This will serve as proof of the unclean conditions and expedite your reimbursement process later.
4. Step back and let the pros handle the mess. Professional house cleaning services typically include – wiping down all surfaces in your home, removing cobwebs, clearing and tossing out all items in cabinets/fridge, washing windows, scrubbing floors, vacuuming the carpets, cleaning the insides & outsides of kitchen appliances and polishing your bathroom faucets.
Now, your new house cleaning is complete – at last, you can relax and rejoice at your successful relocation. It sparkles!
These are some tips to follow if you want to keep the finish of your house clean. With these tips, we assure you that you’ll never fall victim to any issues with the finishing of your house.