Having previously designed Lina Stores first restaurant, which opened on London’s Greek Street in May 2018, Lina Stores King’s Cross is the newest and largest site to date. Both a pasta restaurant and deli, the new venue celebrates the 75th anniversary of Lina Stores historic Brewer Street deli which opened its doors in 1944.
Located in London’s Granary Square on Stable Street, Lina Stores King’s Cross is set within a Victoria transit shed, one of King’s Cross’ last remaining heritage buildings. The 127-cover venue designed by Red Deer features many recognizable Lina Stores elements, including its famous pistachio green and white color palette.
When conceiving the design concept, architect Gianna Pagliarulo wanted to celebrate Lina Stores history and journey through time. Beginning with the delicatessen, a green tiled counter and product filled shelving evokes a sense of the original Brewer Street site. Within the main dining space, the interior echos the design of Greek Street with a dining counter that is transformed for the King’s Cross venue into a large theatrical kitchen stage where diners eat whilst watching Lina’s chefs cooking and plating dishes. Private booths covered by Dutch canopies and long banquettes provide more intimate seating.
Key design elements for the new site include a bespoke marble green and white floor, retro mosaics and reclaimed original opaline globe lights, sourced from the historic deli’s early days, which illuminate the large new space.
As for the famous pistachio green and white stripes which are synonymous with Lina Stores brand identity, Red Deer invite customers to powder their noses in the washrooms in order to find them.