Whether you want to brighten a room, soften your walls, or add some warmth to your living room, doing a home renovation project can be a challenging task. If you’re doing this for the first time, you’ll even be clueless on the home renovation mistakes to avoid. Luckily, there’s plenty of interior design tricks and ideas that you can employ to give your home a fresh look. Some options to brighten up your home can include LED lights. You can order a custom-designed neon LED sign online that will say whatever you want it to say. Or maybe one of these ready-made LED signs which are pre-designed to suit the most frequently requested design concepts. Giving your home its voice. After all, even the smallest things can make the most significant impact. Here are a few innovative and unique interior design ideas that will inspire you to get the most out of your home renovation project.
1. Add decorative mirrors to brighten up your living space
If you want to make a small area look bigger, adding some decorative mirrors is an ideal option. They can also be used as decorative pieces to fill empty wall space, as well as add light and dimension to your area. If you have a large room, mirrors should be placed in such a way that it reflects the natural light coming in from the windows.
2. Paint rooms in light colors
Having light-colored walls is the easiest interior design idea you can do.
- Paint your room with light colors to make it seem larger than it actually is, as well as to produce the optical illusion of space.
- Be sure you have an abundance of natural light to prevent your room from having a darker shade.
3. Use slipcovers
Incorporate comfort and convenience in your home renovation. Slipcovers are easy-to-remove coverings that will give your space a sophisticated look and will save yourself from worrying about people who may spill something on your furniture pieces. You can also choose a slipcover design to match the season. Slipcovers can be a perfect accessory as they provide comfort and elegance. They’re surprisingly chic and at the same time budget-friendly. If you have a variety of furniture pieces, slipcovers can be made to suit any style of furniture, making the interior design of your home more refreshing.
4. Go green
If you want something natural, adding plants such as Aloe Vera, Rubber Tree, Peace Lily, and many more to every room whether small or large can be an excellent interior design idea. It’s an inexpensive way to accessorize your space; it adds color and texture. Also, plants can balance humidity and clean household air. With these, your home will be free from pollutants and harmful gases.
5. Combine patterns and texture
If there’s one thing that you should keep in mind when decorating your home, it’s that the interior of your home should reflect your personality and style.
- Mix patterns and texture that show who you really are or the kind of family history you have. For example, you can decide to keep the antique chippendale desk of your grandfather which tells the story of your past or who you are as an individual.
- Think about having the present and past things to co-exist together beautifully. While you can use the antique desk you’ve inherited from your grandparents, you can also combine it with a modern couch you fell in love with. With this, there’s no reason for you to say that past and present things can’t be a perfect interior design idea.
- Whether it’s a wall decoration, area rug, or pillow, use various colors and patterns to transform your home into something fresh and cozy.
6. Recycle as much as possible
You might have a lot of stuff in your possession. Thus, give a second glance at those things. Instead of running to the store to buy some new accessories, you can use what you already have. After all, you’ve probably spent a lot of money the moment you decide to invest in real estate on Gumtree. Make use of the following recycling tips and be surprised by what you can create with it.
- If you have existing frames or a pile of books, arrange candles on them.
- Use your good plates to create beautiful wall art.
- Frame and hang art from children’s books in nurseries or their bathrooms.
7. Use area rugs to decorate hardwood floors
When it comes to your home renovation project, the possibilities are endless. Area rugs, for instance, can provide fun and functionality to your home. Here are some tips:
- Look for cottony, washable area rugs if you have children at home.
- To reflect the different seasons, use light tones and fabrics for warmer days and warmer ones for colder months.
- Utilize some area rugs to add color, texture, and personality to your hardwood floors.
A home renovation project can be challenging but it can be done. Along with the tips from this article, make use of a great home loan guide to effectively manage your finances as a homeowner. Anything you renovate or buy for your home should be an investment. It should provide long-term benefits for the household.